Monday, August 11, 2008

Long and not so winding road

Click any image for larger version

<< FIRST IN SERIES     NEXT IN SERIES >>

Leaving Denver, taking pics of the other side of the road.

The clouds play with light and shadow on the mountains,
LightAndShadowSouthbound
sometimes making a grass covered mountain side shine like green velvet
GreenVelvet
The green of the trees, the blues of the mountains, the light and shadow of the clouds, almost looks unreal
CloudsAndMountains

One of the more interesting sites is the plane on the ground, on or near the Air Force Academy.
AirForcePlane
I couldn't find anything quickly on Google, so if anybody would like to contribute to my knowledge base, please comment.

This was 'way too good to pass up.
GardenOfTheGods
I now have a reason to go back to Colorado. Garden Of The Gods is now on my "Must See" list

I told myself I wouldn't take so many pictures on the way home, as the road was the same road, the grass the same grass.
Except this grass looks like velvet.
OneMoreVelvetyMeadow
And this just takes my breath away
LongBreathlessVista
In Colorado, the green trees along a river stand out much more against the yellows of the prairie grasses
RiverRunsThruIt
A siding of box cars. They were there on our way to Denver.
They were there on our way back. Just sittin' there, waiting for someone to need them.
BoxcarsAllAlone
Lovely old building in Trinidad, Colorado. I couldn't get a good shot of anything else, as there were signs, trees, trucks, the usual interference. There also weren't any convenient parking spots to pull over and snap pics. Ah well.
Trinidad
Construction on every road, everywhere we went. I stopped avoiding it, because I would miss taking shots like this. Do click on it and see the larger shot.
RoadSouthFromTheBorder
The road ahead, winding or straight, calls us on.
RoadToLoseYourselfOn
As the day got later, it became more difficult to take pictures into the west. Even with the sundogs, the clouds, mountains and green green grass delight the eye.
CloudsMountainsSunDogs
And I finally got some antelope!
Antelope
As night falls, the rolling hills turn to dark green velvet slopes.
VelvetSlopes
Clouds still lit by the sun over shadowed hills
SunsetCloudsAndHills
And a sunset Hollywood couldn't have done better
PerfectSunset


Return to top  ^^    Next in series  >>

No comments: